RCMH CASE STUDY
Company: Electronic Distribution
Company Background: This company is one the nation’s largest video, high-speed internet and phone providers for both residential and commercial users. This world-wide company recently earned 7.2 billion dollars in 2010.
- 40’-0” deep tote handling system.
- Push-back pallet storage system.
- Zoned accumulation conveyor system.
- Storage containers for in-home service electrical and utility components.
- Design a more efficient and secure parts kitting system.
- Reduce the facility size by 25% to 29,000 square feet.
- Develop a material handling system to streamline equipment issues and returns.
- Improved customer service by delivering more products to the field quickly, increasing the ability to make more calls per day.
- Designed and implemented enhanced inventory control procedures, reducing the on-hand inventory by $47,000.00, utilizing a “push-back” rack system.
- Reduced the kitting labor costs with a “Pick & Pack” accumulation conveyor system.
- Reduced lease rental cost by $19,000/month.