RCMH CASE STUDY
Company: Change to Northern California Rice and Grains Distributor
Company Background: This privately owned and family run company employs approx 100 people and has been in business for 73 years. They grow many different varieties of rice and then make several different rice products in multiple packaging options for different markets. They need to store and handle heavy pallets of rice bags and pallets of their products that are up to 72” high.
- Push back pallet rack system.
- Air doors to keep pests out when roll up doors are opened.
- Bollards and pallet upright protection.
- Special kitting assembly area.
- This company was running out of room with their existing facilities and also needed help rotating inventory by date code.
- They had issues with insects when shipping doors were open.
- In addition, This company needed a better method for handling small orders & samples for retail displays.
- Recommended and installed a series of pushback pallet rack systems at 3 deep; 4 deep and 6 deep to store more product. This solved their need for additional storage.
- Recommended and installed Mars air doors to solve the insect issue. They were installed
With micro-switches and synchronized with existing doors so that when doors were
Opened, the air doors immediately came on.
- Furnished and installed column protectors to protect their new pushback rack investment
- Helped design a special kitting area using spantrack mobile cells (carton flow) and Hytrol conveyor to more quickly fill the retail display & sample needs.